Vata reflects the qualities of air and space. Dosha Vatas are expressive, creative, and naturally communicative.
Vatas are typically thin with a light-boned build and a delicate, naturally slender figure. They often have an irregular appetite and do not gain weight easily. Vatas also tend to have dry skin and brittle hair that’s prone to frizziness and split ends.
A Balanced Vata:
- Thinks, speaks, and moves quickly.
- Is enthusiastic, imaginative and sensitive.
- Is warm and grounded.
An Unbalanced Vata
- Is physically dry - manifested in dry skin, dry hair, cracked lips, or internal dryness resulting in constipation.
- Is anxious - prone to worrying.
- Experiences cold hands and feet.